Sunday 2 March 2014

Starting a new adventure

Currently somewhere over the North Atlantic on a flight from Heathrow to Houston. I left home yesterday evening and caught a flight from Leeds Bradford to Heathrow, and spent the night at the Hilton at Terminal 4. My flight today wasn't until lunchtime, but with check in times it would have been a very early start to either drive or get the train down this morning. So I made use of air mile points, got a free internal flight and hotel stay and a leisurely start.

I somehow managed to set the alarm off going through security so had a thorough pat down, and the flight was nearly an hour late leaving due to minor technical issue with the navigation, but otherwise I'm impressed with United so far. The plane is half empty so there is a spare seat next to me and plenty of room to sprawl out, but I managed to get a seat across the aisle from the temper tantrum toddler from hell - luckily he's asleep at the moment (and I hope it stays that way!).

The good thing about flying is I get to choose which films to watch, ie. chick flick rubbish Robert won't let me watch. I watched 'About Time' and managed to cry through most of it. I downloaded a teach yourself Latin-American Spanish class to my iPad so think I am going to try and spend a more productive hour learning some basics. Hasta luego!

----

A really long wait to get through immigration, then finally arrived at my hotel around 9pm last night. My body was too confused to eat, and I didn't sleep well either.   Think I've had about 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days. I got an earlier shuttle back to the airport than I intended, and am just about to board my third and final flight, and should reach Nicaragua by lunchtime. Killed some time by devouring the classic American breakfast (pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, washed down with coffee) and am feeling a bit more human now.

No comments:

Post a Comment