Saturday 11 May 2013

Penguins Day 5 - Friday 10th May

In the morning Katta, David and I had quite a long round to follow, recording the occupants of artificial nest boxes set up by MCM.  It was quite a nice walk, but also long and it turned into a hot day.  The majority of the boxes were empty, so it wasn’t as interesting as the previous day.  We did struggle to find a few boxes too, so it was a relief to finish and have some lunch.

I was feeling decidedly hot and bothered in the afternoon, with a headache threatening, so while the others did a tour of the prison I lay down for a few hours. Unfortunately the gardeners were still working outside so I didn’t get much sleep, but I did feel a bit more rested in the afternoon and went to make another nest box outside.
When the others returned, I helped Nancy with some data entry so we are all up to date with keying. After dinner I read the Biodiversity Action Plan that I found lying around, which was quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment