Friday 17 May 2013

Bye Bye Robben Island

An earlier than usual start - up for breakfast, finish packing, clear the rooms and a final sweep up and mop around before loading everything into the backie and going round to the harbour by 8:00am.  The boat finally arrived from the mainland, and by 9:00am we were underway on the Nauticat, a glass bottomed tourist boat. This meant the journey back took more than an hour ... and there were some quite big swells.  I took a travel sickness tablet, sat outside in the fresh air, and watched the horizon - and despite feeling a bit weird I wasn't sea-sick - yeah!

I managed to get an earlier check in to the hotel, and this time got a great view over the harbour and towards Table Mountain.

In the afternoon I spent a few hours bimbling round the V&A Waterfront area, buying presents and chilling out. I bought myself a bath bomb, and treated myself to a well earned (and needed!) bath, then met up with the gang for a final meal together.

We had a lovely meal at a typical local restaurant on the Waterfront called Karibu which I would highly recommend. I had the bobotie.

No comments:

Post a Comment