Monday 11 March 2013

Wild Workshops

I have just posted off a booking form and cheque to attend a couple of Wild Workshops later this spring/summer.  These are training days organised by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, and in this case in association with a new field centre in the Yorkshire Dales, Nethergill Farm.
The first is a river workshop, which will include kick sampling for invertebrates. This will be good for me, as it is something I will miss from the S216 field trip when I am away in South Africa.

The second is a peat workshop, looking at plant species, bog surveying and restoration techniques.  I'm hoping this will help embed the work I did with Leeds Uni last year, and put it into a bit of context.

Freshwater and peat upland areas both interest me, so it was great to find out about these opportunities. And all thanks to Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment